The Charlottesville Municipal Band is presently not rehearsing or performing as a full ensemble because of COVID-19. However, many of our small ensembles are available for small socially distanced outdoor concerts based on the current state and national guidelines. Our brass quintet, clarinet ensemble, French horn ensemble, Rivanna Winds Dixieland Band, and trombone ensemble played thirty-six programs for more than 1200 people last year in socially distanced settings. Can we play for you in 2021? For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the out-going President of the Board, and on behalf of the 80+ members of the Charlottesville Municipal Band, we thank you for your continued support during a most challenging year. Your generosity of time and treasure allowed our small ensembles to carry on our mission to enrich our community through music! Putting 2020 behind us, we’re eagerly preparing to once again spend summer’s evenings with you! We’re also happy to share that work has begun on our 100th Anniversary Celebration in 2022! Exciting times ahead! Until then, our small ensembles would love to play for you and your organization — give us a call to schedule a socially distanced performance! As we get ready to welcome the new year, we’re grateful for our Band friends and family and wish you all a joyful and healthy holiday season!
—Kathleen Perry Cook
The Charlottesville Municipal Band’s 2020 concert schedule has been announced! Celebrating our 98th year, the program features twelve concerts, including performances at locations around the Charlottesville area.
- Friday, March 20—Performance at Association of Concert Bands Convention (Virginia Beach)
- Sunday, April 26—Dogwood Festival Spring Concert (PVCC Dickinson)
- Thursday, May 14—Piedmont Virginia Community College Graduation (John Paul Jones Arena)
- Tuesday, June 9—Summer Concert #1 (Claudius Crozet Park)
- Tuesday, June 23—Summer Concert #2 (Fluvanna County HS Auditorium)
- Saturday, July 4—Naturalization Ceremony (Monticello)
- Tuesday, July 7—Summer Concert #3 (Paramount Theater)
- Tuesday, July 21—Summer Concert #4 (Paramount Theater)
- Tuesday, August 4—Summer Concert #5 (MLKPAC at Charlottesville HS)
- Tuesday, August 18—Summer Concert #6 (MLKPAC at Charlottesville HS)
- Sunday, October 18—Fall Concert (PVCC Dickinson)
- Sunday, December 13*—Holiday Concert (MLKPAC at Charlottesville HS)
All Tuesday concerts are 7:30 pm
All Sunday Concerts are 3:30 pm
* Tentative until after May 1
The Charlottesville Municipal Band is looking for French horn, bassoon and trumpet players for the upcoming concert season. Players with high school and/or college band experience are encouraged to apply. Rehearsals are held on Tuesday evenings from 7:30 – 9:30 at the Municipal Arts Center. For more information contact email@example.com.
Our first Youth Ensemble has been rehearsing for three weeks. We focus on technique for individual instruments and ensemble fundamentals. Join this group 2nd semester. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A BIG Thank you to the musicians who performed so marvelously at our Benefit Concert last evening AND to our audience who showed their appreciation with lavish applause.
Click on the Benefit Concert link on the Events list to see the program and soloists
We have openings for bass clarinet, bassoon, trumpet and trombone. email: email@example.com if interested